- Click on “Add Rule” button.
- In the bottom of the window, there is a Rule editor which expects a URL and the Type of response you want to return.
- We will say “http://Facebook.com” and from the drop-down select “404_plain.dat”.
- Click “Save”
- Go to file menu and click “Capture Traffic”.
- Try visiting http://Facebook.com and you should see a 404.
You can switch off the automatic responder by un-checking “Enable automatic responses” check box at any moment.
This is not rocket science but will come in handy for several development testing scenarios.